Just in time for the holiday season, Grizzly Bear Greetings is offering a coupon to My House Rabbit readers for FREE SHIPPING on any of their Christmas cards. Just use coupon code MHRFREESHIP at checkout to take advantage of the promotion.
All cards are printed on 100% recycled card stock with a matte finish. Cards measure 5.5 x 4.25 inches when folded. Each pack includes six cards and six A2 white 100% recycled envelopes.
View all Christmas cards here >
Small Pet Select is offering My House Rabbit readers a fantastic holiday special. Use the coupon code BUNNYRING when you order hay or pellets, and you’ll get a free bunny ring plus free shipping!
Visit Small Pet Select >
Brisbane Festival artistic director Noel Staunton and artist Stormie Mills are dwarfed by the giant bunny sculpture that will be installed in Brisbane.
Photo credit: Vicki Winter / Brisbane Times.
In addition to the tiny rabbit sculptures invading cities near you, now there’s another kind of art bunny to look out for. These 4-meter high, bubblegum-pink rabbit sculptures are taking over the city of Brisbane in Australia as part of the Brisbane Festival, September 9-28.
The large bright pink bunnies are the vision of street artist Stormie Mills. Cast out of polyurethane, the outer pieces are supported by a steel internal frame and plastic subframe.
Said Mills, “It’s like a vinyl toy in a sense, but a bit tougher and certainly a whole lot larger. The last step is that somebody goes in and tightens everything up from the inside, crawls back out the bunny’s bum and we glue the tail on.”
Learn more: Brisbane Times
Mysterabbit is a street art project started by designer Ji Lee, that features tiny meditating bunny sculptures placed in public spaces around the world.
According to the website:
We hope they will stop people from their daily routine and for a brief moment, make them wonder about their mysterious, newly found gift, and a small piece of the beautiful world that surrounds them.
The public is encouraged to get involved in the project. To find out if a city near you is participating in free Mysterabbit giveways, see the Mysterabbit website.
Birthday coming up? Time for a tea party? Just want a reason to get together? As a rabbit-lover, a bunny-themed party might be right for you. We’ve put together a few things that might help you out.
Peter Rabbit Cake
A recipe from McCormick made from two 9-inch round cakes. The recipe simply calls for cutting up one of the cakes to create the ears and body.
Food Network Bunny Cake
A more 3D cake made with two 9-inch round cakes from the Food Network.
Betty Crocker Bunny Cake
The Betty Crocker version of a 3D bunny cake.
- The Bunny Hop – Relay race in which each contestant must hop around an object, like a fake carrot available at craft stores, wearing bunny ears and holding a ball or balloon between their legs as they hop.
- Bunny Tag – Traditional tag, but with players must hop like a rabbit.
- Carrot Toss – Ring-toss around a craft-store carrot.
- Pin The Nose (or Tail) on the Bunny – Draw a bunny face or full bunny on a piece of poster paper. Cut out construction paper noses or use cotton balls with pieces of rolled tape on the back.
- Bunny Balloons – Use a marker to draw a bunny face on a helium balloon and attach a pair of construction paper ears.
- Bunny Banners – available from Expressions In Design or French & Sparrow
- Bunny Confetti – available from Papirvendage
- Bunny Wall Decals – available from Twistmo
- Bunny Stamp – available from Amazon
Win this personalized bunny print by entering our giveaway contest!
Just in time for Easter, My House Rabbit and Grizzly Bear Greetings are hosting a giveaway for a personalized bunny print! Customize this design with your child’s or pet bunny’s name and select one of four bunny colors: brown, white, grey or black. (See color choices here.)
This vibrant design is printed on heavyweight 100% cotton rag, acid-free paper with a matte finish. Print measures 8 x 10 inches and is centered on an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet. Giveaway is for print only. Frame and mat not included. Colors may vary a bit from your screen vs. the actual print colors.
Learn more about this print >
- To enter, like Grizzly Bear Greetings’s Facebook page and My House Rabbit’s Facebook page, and then comment below with the name you’d like on the print and your color choice (brown, white, grey or black).
- One entry per person. Winner will be randomly selected.
- Be sure to include your email address so we can contact you for your mailing address if you win. (We will not use your email address for any other purpose.)
- Print will be mailed via USPS First Class Mail within two business days of receipt of mailing address. We make no guarantee that the print will arrive before Easter.
- Contest is open worldwide and ends Sunday, March 10 at 11:59 pm EST.
UPDATE: Congratulations to our winner, Becky S. and her bunny, Babs.
Congratulations to Amber who won our Bunny Holiday Card Giveaway!
We had some fantastic responses to the question in our giveaway, What’s your best piece of advice for new bunny owners? Amber’s piece of advice was:
I always tell new rabbit owners: when trying to understand bunny habits, think of a rabbit more like a cat than a large hamster. They are much more curious, interactive and clever than I think most people anticipate.
Here are a few more responses:
- Be patient! It takes bunnies so much longer to trust and form bonds than a cat or a dog, but it’s so rewarding once they do. I also preach the glory of cord protectors.
- Spend time with your buns. They are not cage animals. I’ve found that the personalities of our two rabbits really came out when we allowed them to hop around the house freely. Also, if you have access to fresh hay, buy it! The hay at the pet stores is expensive and my rabbits don’t really care for it much. But the fresh hay I buy at the MSPCA @ Nevins Farm, they absolutely love!
- Make sure you potty train your new bun! And feed him or her lots of hay
- Read lots of bunny books and articles to be sure you’re getting different perspectives! Also, get a big box and cut out a slot so they can jump in and fill it with newspaper and cardboard to protect your carpet and furniture!!!
- Get in touch with your local House Rabbit Society chapter. Its always good to be a part of a community of experienced bunny people who can answer any question you have.
For all the great answers, see the comments on our giveaway post.
Choose from three fabulous bunny holiday card designs in My House Rabbit’s giveaway.
It’s that time of year again! It’s time to think about sending out those holiday greetings. We’re hosting a giveaway featuring a set of six bunny holiday cards by Grizzly Bear Greetings.
You can choose one of the following three designs (or create an assortment of all three):
The designs are printed on 100% recycled card stock with a matte finish. Cards measure 5.5 x 4.25 inches when folded. Comes with six A2 white 100% recycled envelopes. Inside greeting (Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Season’s Greetings, etc.) can be customized.
- To enter, comment below with your answer to this question: What’s your best piece of advice for new bunny owners?
- Be sure to include your email address so we can contact you for your card preference and mailing address if you win. Contest is open worldwide and ends Thursday, November 8 at 11:59 pm EST.
UPDATE: Congratulations to our winner Amber!
Here’s a special pumpkin we carved for bunny lovers for this year!
For just $10, Vanessa Stefaniuk of quietsnooze will do a custom 4×6 inch painting of your bunny! Part of the proceeds will benefit Rabbit Rescue, Inc., a non-profit organization based in Ontario, Canada.
It could also make a really cute gift for a bunny owner you know!