Small Pet Select is offering a free bunny wrap ring with any purchase of hay or pellets! Just use the coupon code BUNNYRING at checkout. This adorable ring normally retails for $15.95.
To take advantage of the special, go to Small Pet Select and choose any size hay or pellets. At checkout, enter the coupon code BUNNYRING. This coupon code will apply the Bunny Wrap Ring to your order, free of charge. Once you proceed through checkout, Small Pet Select will send you a tracking number for your package.
To learn more about Small Pet Select, read our review of their timothy hay: Hay Day for Coco and Cosette.
To celebrate 25 years of rabbit rescue, the House Rabbit Society has published a commemorative book by HRS President Margo DeMello.
The book features full-color photos from the House Rabbit Society’s history, and focuses on their volunteers and the rabbits they’ve rescued. All proceeds from the book will go towards funding the HRS Emergency Rescue Fund.
Purchase the book at Blurb.com.
Small Pet Select is offering My House Rabbit readers a fantastic holiday special. Use the coupon code BUNNYRING when you order hay or pellets, and you’ll get a free bunny ring plus free shipping!
Visit Small Pet Select >
A fifth edition of the House Rabbit Handbook by Marinell Harriman, founder of the House Rabbit Society, has just been released!
The new edition includes more photos as well as recent discoveries and insights from caregivers across the continent.
If you live in the Richmond, CA area, there will be a book release party at the HRS Rabbit Center on May 11 from 1-4pm. You can meet Marinell and get your book signed!
Buy the fifth edition online at the Drollery Press website.
Win this personalized bunny print by entering our giveaway contest!
Just in time for Easter, My House Rabbit and Grizzly Bear Greetings are hosting a giveaway for a personalized bunny print! Customize this design with your child’s or pet bunny’s name and select one of four bunny colors: brown, white, grey or black. (See color choices here.)
This vibrant design is printed on heavyweight 100% cotton rag, acid-free paper with a matte finish. Print measures 8 x 10 inches and is centered on an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet. Giveaway is for print only. Frame and mat not included. Colors may vary a bit from your screen vs. the actual print colors.
Learn more about this print >
- To enter, like Grizzly Bear Greetings’s Facebook page and My House Rabbit’s Facebook page, and then comment below with the name you’d like on the print and your color choice (brown, white, grey or black).
- One entry per person. Winner will be randomly selected.
- Be sure to include your email address so we can contact you for your mailing address if you win. (We will not use your email address for any other purpose.)
- Print will be mailed via USPS First Class Mail within two business days of receipt of mailing address. We make no guarantee that the print will arrive before Easter.
- Contest is open worldwide and ends Sunday, March 10 at 11:59 pm EST.
UPDATE: Congratulations to our winner, Becky S. and her bunny, Babs.
One of the adorable cards available from the RSPCA.
Spread some love this Valentine’s Day with a Rally Round a Rabbit Charity Gift. You can send a sweet card to your special someone and support a rabbit cared for by the RSPCA at the same time!
Choose either an e-card or a printed card. 100% of the profit benefits bunnies. (More animal Valentine’s gifts are available here.)
Another idea is to make a donation on someone’s behalf to a local rabbit rescue. Rabbit rescues will certainly appreciate the support.
Don’t forget- February is Adopt a Rescued Rabbit month!
Two new children’s e-books by Dr. Jan S. Smith have just been released featuring an adorable house rabbit. Both are written in charming rhyme so you can read aloud to your child.
There have been quite a few books featuring rabbits recently published, from fictional works to how-to guides. Check them out:
Time Travel Rabbit
Momi Douglas takes readers on a fantastic adventure following an elderly professor and his pet rabbit as they travel around the world and between dimensions. The book is endorsed by the founder of PETA and was inspired by the author’s own Dutch rabbit named Pebbles.
Order the book at Amazon.
Sweetie’s Song: A Love Story
In this tale for readers of all ages, we follow Fred and Sarah Davis, a grieving couple living in Texas. Their lives get turned upside down when they realize the three toy rabbits they recently acquired are more than just inanimate objects. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book will be donated to The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund – a 4-Star charity that serves United States military personnel wounded or injured in service to our nation, and their families.
Order the book at Amazon.
Congratulations to Amber who won our Bunny Holiday Card Giveaway!
We had some fantastic responses to the question in our giveaway, What’s your best piece of advice for new bunny owners? Amber’s piece of advice was:
I always tell new rabbit owners: when trying to understand bunny habits, think of a rabbit more like a cat than a large hamster. They are much more curious, interactive and clever than I think most people anticipate.
Here are a few more responses:
- Be patient! It takes bunnies so much longer to trust and form bonds than a cat or a dog, but it’s so rewarding once they do. I also preach the glory of cord protectors.
- Spend time with your buns. They are not cage animals. I’ve found that the personalities of our two rabbits really came out when we allowed them to hop around the house freely. Also, if you have access to fresh hay, buy it! The hay at the pet stores is expensive and my rabbits don’t really care for it much. But the fresh hay I buy at the MSPCA @ Nevins Farm, they absolutely love!
- Make sure you potty train your new bun! And feed him or her lots of hay
- Read lots of bunny books and articles to be sure you’re getting different perspectives! Also, get a big box and cut out a slot so they can jump in and fill it with newspaper and cardboard to protect your carpet and furniture!!!
- Get in touch with your local House Rabbit Society chapter. Its always good to be a part of a community of experienced bunny people who can answer any question you have.
For all the great answers, see the comments on our giveaway post.
Flat Bonnie, for those of you who don’t know, is an adorable plush rabbit made for bunny lovers. When you adopt a Flat Bonnie, a portion of the proceeds benefits the House Rabbit Society and other rabbit rescues.
Flat Bonnie’s been around for a while now, but I just learned about her new little friends. All bunny owners will recognize these little guys. I present: Oopsie and Poopsie!
This duo is available for purchase for $12 at FlatBonnie.com.