Congratulations to Amber who won our Bunny Holiday Card Giveaway!
We had some fantastic responses to the question in our giveaway, What’s your best piece of advice for new bunny owners? Amber’s piece of advice was:
I always tell new rabbit owners: when trying to understand bunny habits, think of a rabbit more like a cat than a large hamster. They are much more curious, interactive and clever than I think most people anticipate.
Here are a few more responses:
- Be patient! It takes bunnies so much longer to trust and form bonds than a cat or a dog, but it’s so rewarding once they do. I also preach the glory of cord protectors.
- Spend time with your buns. They are not cage animals. I’ve found that the personalities of our two rabbits really came out when we allowed them to hop around the house freely. Also, if you have access to fresh hay, buy it! The hay at the pet stores is expensive and my rabbits don’t really care for it much. But the fresh hay I buy at the MSPCA @ Nevins Farm, they absolutely love!
- Make sure you potty train your new bun! And feed him or her lots of hay
- Read lots of bunny books and articles to be sure you’re getting different perspectives! Also, get a big box and cut out a slot so they can jump in and fill it with newspaper and cardboard to protect your carpet and furniture!!!
- Get in touch with your local House Rabbit Society chapter. Its always good to be a part of a community of experienced bunny people who can answer any question you have.
For all the great answers, see the comments on our giveaway post.
Choose from three fabulous bunny holiday card designs in My House Rabbit’s giveaway.
It’s that time of year again! It’s time to think about sending out those holiday greetings. We’re hosting a giveaway featuring a set of six bunny holiday cards by Grizzly Bear Greetings.
You can choose one of the following three designs (or create an assortment of all three):
The designs are printed on 100% recycled card stock with a matte finish. Cards measure 5.5 x 4.25 inches when folded. Comes with six A2 white 100% recycled envelopes. Inside greeting (Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Season’s Greetings, etc.) can be customized.
- To enter, comment below with your answer to this question: What’s your best piece of advice for new bunny owners?
- Be sure to include your email address so we can contact you for your card preference and mailing address if you win. Contest is open worldwide and ends Thursday, November 8 at 11:59 pm EST.
UPDATE: Congratulations to our winner Amber!
Congratulations to Wing T. from Honolulu, Hawaii for winning our Bunny Christmas Card giveaway!
Many people chimed in on why rabbits make great indoor pets. Here are some popular reasons:
- Easily litter-trained / clean
- Binkies and other bunny behavior
- Loving / social
For those who didn’t win, you can purchase these Christmas cards, along with a slew of other bunny-themed cards, prints, and gifts at our Bunny Lover Gift Shop.
For a wide variety of animal cards and prints (including bunnies), stop by Grizzly Bear Greetings, the Etsy shop of My House Rabbit co-editor Abi Cushman. You’ll find pole-vaulting hippos, bulldozing aardvarks, and many other fun designs.
My House Rabbit is sponsoring a giveaway for a set of 12 Bunny Christmas Cards from our Bunny Lover Gift Shop!
Send holiday greetings to friends and family with these adorable Christmas cards featuring the little bunnies decorating a tree, making a snow bunny, and sledding down a hill. The designs are printed on 100% recycled card stock with a matte finish. Cards measure 5.5 x 4.25 inches when folded. Comes with twelve A2 white 100% recycled envelopes.
One lucky winner can choose his/her favorite design or get an assortment of all three designs. Inside greeting (Merry Christmas, Season’s Greetings, etc.) can be customized as well.
- To enter, list three reasons why rabbits make great indoor pets as a comment on this post.
- Be sure to include your email address so we can contact you for your card preference and mailing address if you win. Contest is open worldwide and ends Sunday, November 6 at 11:59 pm EST.
We recently began selling bunny cards on Grizzly Bear Greetings, the Etsy shop of My House Rabbit co-editor Abi Cushman. Check out these new blank notecards and Christmas cards (sets of 12)! Prints and posters will be added soon as well.
View all of our products on our Shop page.