Pet rabbits save Tucson family.
Two pet rabbits alerted their owners to a kitchen fire one night in Tucson. Nicole Ochotorena, her husband, and their three children were all asleep when the fire broke out. The rabbits stomped their feet in their cage, waking the owners up. The smoke alarms did not go off.
“My bunnies are my lifesavers,” Ochotorena said. “They saved my life and they saved my kids.”
Learn more at myfoxchicago.com.
Once her husband and three children had safely evacuated, Leanne Bieg of South Australia ran back inside her burning home to rescue their new pet rabbit. The rabbit survived, and the family is being treated for smoke inhalation. Unfortunately, the fire ravaged the house and caused $200,000 worth of damage. It may have to be demolished.
For more info: http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24185455-2682,00.html