September 24-25, 2011 (the fourth weekend of every September) is devoted to learning about proper rabbit care and appreciating the unique companionship pet rabbits offer. Below is a sampling of how you can celebrate rabbits this weekend!
Various Rabbit Rescue Events
Saturday, September 24:
- Georgia House Rabbit Society Wine Tasting & Silent Auction, Marietta, GA
- House Rabbit Society Singapore Bunny Care / Adoption Event, Downtown East, Singapore
Sunday, September 25:
- spcaLA Rabbit Adoption Event, Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego House Rabbit Society Adoption Day, San Diego, CA
- Wisconsin HRS Madison’s Bunny Day, Madison, WI
(If your rabbit rescue is hosting an International Rabbit Day event, contact us, and we’ll add you to the list.)
Rabbit Care Information
Check out our articles in Rabbit Care, Rabbit Behavior, Rabbit Health, and New to Rabbits? sections for information on providing a safe, happy environment for your pet bunnies. There is also a wealth of information on the websites listed on our Resources page.
Fun Bunny Gifts
- Make Your Own Toy Bunny (Sewing/Knitting/Crochet Patterns) on Etsy
- Bunny Notecards and Bunny Christmas Cards by My House Rabbit / Grizzly Bear Greetings
- Rabbit Jewelry, Art, Cards, Dolls, and Accessories by the Etsy Rabbit Team
Funny Bunny Videos
Bunny Show Jumping
A great idea ..
Well, the Hoomins will be learning how to care for the bunnies at RenoRabbits that weekend. They will be doing a week of morning feedings in October!
I just found out about this, and think it’s a great idea! An International Rabbit Day is a fantastic way to promote rabbit care, health and adoption. A sale on bunny products would be great, too!